Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Progress

Well, here we go.  My little brother, with the help of friends, built most of the standard LEGO "wall" that sat on top of the DUPLO bricks.  Then, I implemented the coin-manipulating device.  However.....now I'm going to have to find a way to cover the device (but leave the bottom two-thirds of the machine open so the products can be seen).  We're running low on standard LEGO bricks here.  Perhaps I should take out some of the standard LEGO bricks and put in those other DUPLO bricks to compensate for the loss of height.


 I added a side door so that the coin holding device can easily slide out (and hopefully take the coins with it)

Additionally, I hinged a section of the top of the machine to allow for access to the bucket-rotating motor and this NXT Intelligent Brick's motor port and USB port.