Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pictures!


Finally, pictures.  The first one you see here is the version that my friend and I worked on.  Shortly afterward, I decided that the prototype was good enough, and as aforementioned, I disassembled it and began to rebuild the modules in a more compact fashion.  And as I said, I did stack the two modules on top of each other to make it much more compact.  Then, what's new?



  • Cross-braces added to strengthen robot
  • Change chute updated - now it feeds to the left and then to the front.  Light sensor is more reliable.
  • NXT is mounted vertically - might change its position later, but it will likely still remain vertical.
  • Touch sensor that helps in coin type detecting now has a changed wire position - touch sensor attachment is entering the coin "bucket" much more consistently















Remember this old list of things to fix in the final version?  Well, let's see what's done.
  • The attachment on the touch sensor that contacts the coin tends to get stuck on the "holding tank" if it is not in the perfect position.  Possibly, I could fix this using a troubleshooting part of the program?  Must make the entire money manipulating mechanism easy to access.  This might be fixed by changing how the touch sensor's wire is positioned (not over the little bar seen on the upper left in the above picture)
  • The connecting ramp between the coin detecting and coin dispensing modules is not steep enough.  No ramp in this version!
  • The place where the coins come out is very hard to get to.  Must make ramp that connects to front of machine.  Fixed - no ramp needed
  • There is no ramp for the coin return.  Partially completed
  • The "walls" that hold the coins in their stacks jump over the wheel that dispenses the coin.  (I don't think that it is harming it, however)  I don't know if it is harming the wheel, but I think I'll just leave it.
  • No bill feeder or bill reader  Not done.
  • Coin dispensing motor is not electrically run It can be run, but I have to switch between the touch sensor moving motor and the coin dispensing motor with only one NXT Intelligent brick.  When I add a second (and some programming) this should be solved.
What next?  More programming and the rest of the machine....