Friday, August 5, 2011

Sorting

A few days ago, I sorted the DUPLO bricks that I wanted to use for the vending machine's frame from the ones that I did not want to use.  I then put them together in a frame to give me an idea of how big the machine could be just with the DUPLO bricks.  Answer:  Either I was going to have to have few products, or make it bigger using standard LEGO bricks.


I have spent a lot of time sorting standard LEGO bricks from our huge collection for their use in the machine's frame.  Yesterday, with the assistance of my younger brother and sister, we managed to sort a sizable amount of bricks into divided containers by color.


While my boat pieces dried in the background from their second test!  (I wanted to see if the wheel were more buoyant on their sides than straight up and down.  I should have remembered that if they are completely submerged, they will displace the same amount of water anyway.  Despite this, the wheels on their sides provided more buoyancy than the straight ones because they were more submerged.  For the sake of personal challenge and NXTLog competition appeal, I'm going to have them on their sides....and....)