Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Garden Robot Update 2

Okay...don't be me.
So on the software side, using the MonoBrick C# Communication Library, I managed to set up a simple Windows Form interface that allowed for manual polling of the moisture and light sensor over the MonoBrick Tunnel running on an Android device.  But then I wanted to set up video streaming...

I couldn't get it to work.  I even tried downloading MonoBrick remote (which worked on a different computer and back when I was running Android 4.4.4) and it still wouldn't stream.  I speculate that upgrading to 5.0.2 has caused a lot of issues, including the "menu crashing" error.  Everything worked except for the streaming (and the fact I still couldn't access the menu).

So I tried re-installing the app.  This was the big mistake.  This removed the NXT from the "remembered device" list previously only accessible through the menu.  And now, since I can't get to the menu, there is no way I can reconnect the NXT.  Oops.

So while I wait for a response from the MonoBrick folks, I decided to screw around with other alternatives.  At this point, the second option from my previous post is looking pretty good...but there's still the Java problem.