Sunday, July 19, 2015

Garden Robot Update 9

Some aesthetic updates.  Putting things in a table makes it look a bit better...I guess.  Currently I have implemented control for left and right (rotating motor A in each direction when clicked and stop when released).  The ambient light label refreshes when clicked.

I got the app running on an older Android phone today (running Android 2.2).  I initially had some difficulty with NanoHTTPD throwing a null pointer exception, but fixed that by updating to the latest version of NanoHTTPD.  

On the hardware side, the 350 milliamp converter I hacked into the NXT seems to be working fine for the single-motor rotation, but I picked up a 2.2 amp converter that needs to be placed on.  I want to put in some kind of protection, like the fuse and diode in this example.

To do:
1.  Fix the moisture level command so that it reports the proper values.
2.  Find a way to scale the ambient light command from 0 to 100%.
3.  Start on the actual design of the robot...
4.  Get the 2.2A converter together.  
5.  Figure out how (if?) the NXT should push data to the server.  For example, I think it should display its current position and valve setting.
6.  Put in new controls for open valve and close valve.