Monday, March 29, 2010

Four Wheel Drive Cars and New Addition


From a long time ago, I have attempted to build four wheel drive cars. But it wasn't until around my third recorded attempt that I got it right....it resulted in Four Wheel Drive Car V3 (FWDC V3), as seen in the first picture here.



Later, I made Four Wheel Drive Car Compact Addition (FWDCCA), which was a compact vehicle that still had four wheel drive. The second time I built it, it had a some gear slippage problems, so I may have left out a piece or built it wrong. It is seen in the second picture.



Quite some time after that, I made Four Wheel Drive Car Super Addition V1 (FWDCSA). I do not think the first version of this vehicle worked well, and is not pictured here. The one pictured here in the third image is still called Four Wheel Drive Car Super Addition V1, although it is not the first version. This one had suspension as well as four wheel drive.



And quite recently, Four Wheel Drive Car Super Addition V2 has arrived. It has four sensors, and can use them to detect its environment, or its heading. However, when resistance is applied to the wheels or differentials, the gears leading to that differential slip. This can happen when it runs into something, or even when it turns!

Nato